Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 22 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:54 pm
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

Baggage.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Baggage.

Post by Nessa on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:31 am

The door opened, with a fair amount of banging and muttering. Not the door itself, it'd seem, but a short, plumpy woman with leaves and grass in her hair. After a few moments, Nessa managed to cram herself, and her luggage through the opening.. promptly dropping a rather large bag on her foot. For an instant, her eyes bulged, before closing and she suppressed a scream. A nice yank from the knee and her foot had been freed, high heel snapped from her shoe.. though it'd only been hanging on by a thread to begin with.

In a fit of.. frustration, rage, it's hard to tell sometimes, She pushed and kicked and grumbled her belongings out of the way of the door. Her cardigan was torn at the elbow on one side, pants grass stained completely up the back, and hobbling in an odd bouncy limp trying to balance on the now uneven shoes.. she made her way toward the desk.

" Hello? Anyone here? "
Her eyes darted around for signs of life.. it'd be her luck to have found this place while everyone was on a lunch break, or gone home for the day.
Nessa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Baggage.

Post by Madeline Cauthon on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:06 am

Madeline had left Dre in the capable hands of her father, and was on her way back to her office to finish some paper work when she noticed someone at the desk. Madeline smiled and walked over behind the desk. "Welcome to Wolf's Head Inn. How may I help you?"
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

View user profile http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:07 pm

Nessa smiled wide, smudges of the bright red lipstick she wore had found their way to her teeth. The chick had a -lot- of makeup on.

" I'm lookin' for a place to stay.. and maybe a newspaper, help wanted section if you got it. "

As she reached up to brush a bit of hair that had escaped the teasing and spraying out of her face, she noticed a bit of twig and yanked it free.

" Perhaps a bit of cleaning up, as well. "
Nessa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:05 am

Madeline smiled as she reached for the ledger under the desk. She swept her long brown hair off of her shoulder as she opened the book. "We have rooms with full baths on the second floor if that would be to your choosing."

She didn't see today's paper anywhere around the desk which meant one of two things, no one had went out to get it yet or her father had it. "The paper doesn't seem to be around at the moment. I can get it, and bring it you once you get settled in or...." Madeline was about to finish her thought when another popped in her head. "You know we might need some help around here. If you would like, I could talk to my father, and see what he says."

Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Nessa Leaned on the counter for a brief moment, Seeming to think it all over. Then she was back upright, kicking her now fairly useless shoes off .

" It all sounds marvelous to these old ears, Sweetheart. I'm not all that picky, so long as there's a floor, Four walls, and a roof... Course.. Bathtub and commode.. always a bonus. Nothin' like tryin' to do your business while a bunny rabbit stares you down. " She shuddered a little. " You ever been chased offa land by small woodland creatures? "

Even as she was babbling on, she dug around in her pockets for the last of her money, after a few moments she came up with a handful of crumpled bills and coins interspersed. As she held them out to Madeline, the coins started to drop with plinking noises onto the desk.
Nessa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:54 am

Madeline couldn't help but giggle. Light knew she had been there before. Madeline looked down at the ledger. All the rooms on the second floor were empty, so getting the guest one wouldn't be hard. "Okay then, if you would just sign your name beside room 201 please. Your room is up two flight of stairs, first room on the right."

Madeline pushed the kind lady's money back towards her. "No need to pay right now, we'll take care of that when you check out. "
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:31 pm

Nessa grinned, Stuffing the mess of money haphazardly back into her pockets. Lifting the pen, She quickly scrawled a completely illegible name, though it was surely a capital N, and the last name, perhaps an L.....

" I could get used to a place like this, you know " She was setting the pen down as she spoke, and moving to grab the rest of her things " So quiet and relaxing. You know, I came from a bit of a small town.. Everybody knew everybody else, weren't a thing to be gotten away with out there. Thank you so much for the room. I cannot tell you how nice a bed will feel on these old bones. "

With a slightly unladylike grunt, she hefted a couple of bags up to her shoulder, figuring she'd come back for the rest on another trip, lest she pass out and tumble down the steps.

Nessa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:42 am

As Madeline put the ledger back under the dask, she giggles. "Yes this place does have a tendency to grow on ya." Madeline began remembering all the fun she had here drowing up as a child.

When Madeline saw that the lady have left some of her bags, she decided to help out and take the remaining ones up herself. So Madeline followed the lady up to her room. Besides, she needed to give her her key.
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:33 pm

Nessa marched herself, and what she could carry of her worldly possession up the stairs Madeline had indicated earlier. Thank goodness it was a short journey. Stopping just outside the door of 201, She slumped against the wall for a few moments, face blank as could be. With a bit of a start, she turned to look at Madeline and grinned.

"Thank you kindly for the help Miss. Guess I'm not as spry as when I was closer to your age" Wink wink. "Guess a nap wouldn't be too awful."
Nessa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:28 am

"Oh it's no problem at all. Besides, I forgot to give you your key." Madeline placed the bag down gently on the floor, and held out the key.

Madeline realized she hadn't introduced herself. "Please, call me Madeline. Yes a nap does sound most helpful. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to work. If you need anything, please let me know. If you're hungry come on down to the tavern and I'll fix you something to eat." Madeline would wait to see if the ice lady needed anything before heading back downstairs.
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:30 am

Setting down her own load, Nessa took the key with a smile.

"Thank you so much, Madeline. I'm Nessa. Don't you worry none about me, I'll just get cleaned up and have a rest. I'm sure I'll see you around another time."

She patted the woman gently on the arm and unlocked the door to her room. Bending, She heaved the bags up again, and started the task of getting them all inside to unpack.
Nessa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:27 am

Madeline nodded. "Enjoy your stay."

And headed back down stairs to continue her paperwork.
Madeline Cauthon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top