Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 22 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:54 pm
Things to know

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:27 am by Admin

I will do my best to be as brief as possible here.

I'd like to assume that everyone knows about god-moding, also known as 'modding'. It can also be called "A God Am I" syndrome, cheating, meta-gaming, or simply being "Stop Having Fun Guy/Girl". The fact that it has so many names, sadly enough, is evidence that it happens much too often. Let's assume, once again, that everyone who comes to these …

Comments: 2

The inevitable conversation ...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The inevitable conversation ...

Post by Tasha Masterson on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:00 am

Tasha didn't see the woman who had entered the Tavern. A shame too, she must have seemed so rude just walking out without even acknowledging the woman. Hindsight was twenty twenty. Tasha made her way to the room she had stayed in the night, or well, earlier in the morning. She went into the room and grabbed up her clothes that she had worn to the Inn. She quietly slipped back out and headed to where Maddie had said the laundry room was.

She started her load of laundry on a small load. And then she sighed. She rested her elbows on the washing machine and put her face in her hands. She had never expected to ever have to have this conversation with anyone in her life. Even knowing what would happen, she still told Venis yes. So basically, she had made her own bed, and now she had to lay in it. Which meant she had to march her happy ass back down to that room and wake Gareth.

And that was exactly what she intended to do. She left the laundry room and bare feet carried her back to the room. She slipped inside once more and moved to the bed. She took a deep, cleansing breath and sat down. She scooted closer to Gary and leaned over him. She placed her hand on him as she spoke softly. "Gareth, time to wake." She gave him a slight shake as she spoke. She wasn't trying to startle him, just wake him gently.
Tasha Masterson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The inevitable conversation ...

Post by Gareth Machera on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:22 pm

"Sorry, Tash, but I've been awake for some time now. I've been dead for a long time, so....yeah, not in such a big hurry to close my eyes and surrender anymore." He drew himself up, knees steepling beneath the blankets, and turned to look at her. "Huh. Well, I know you've moved on....after all, I was dead for years, so....let's not wreck this conversation with awkwardness or trying to save my feelings." He smiled a mirthless, almost cruel smile, and nodded. "I hope someone knows a decent tailor around here. My dear brother seems to have grown a rather fat ass in my absence." He chuckled then, once again without any real humor to speak of, and continued. "How have you been? That seems like a safe place to start."

Last edited by Gareth Machera on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gareth Machera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:09 am

Tasha drew back slightly to allow him to sit up once he informed her that he was already awake. Her hand remained on his arm as he moved because she hadn't thought to move it away. But when she heard his next words, her hand fell away from his arm. She blinked at him and leaned her head back in puzzlement. With a furrowed brow, she opened her mouth to speak but was stopped short by his next words. Slowly, she put a little more distance between herself and him. Sliding closer towards the side of the bed. His tone, his words, his mannerisms ... Who in the hell was this man sitting next to her on the bed? Because he sure as hell wasn't the man she was going to marry. Wait ... Did he just say that Gawain had gotten a fat ass? She was wearing Gawain's shorts. Was he implying that she had gotten a fat ass? She looked over her shoulder for a moment to see if she could see her ass more than usual. Then she looked back at him.

The look on her face said that she was very much confused. She was looking at him like she had never even seen him before. Could he still have the taint in him? Hadn't Venis bargained for him to come back untainted? Finally, she found her voice. "How have I been? Seriously?" A slow blink and a shake of her head, her brow still furrowed and her the slight curl to her lips as she wondered what in the world had happened. "I've been in hell. The day we're supposed to move in together, I get kidnapped while looking at a Christmas gift for you. I was gone for so long. And Venis used every ounce of strength she could to shield me from anything that could cause me extra stress. I come home and find out that our brother had to kill you because the source was tainted on the male side, or something like that. I spent the next few years mourning you, missing you, wishing Venis had been here to save you. Wanting to die! Dre tried to be there for me, but he just couldn't be what I needed. And then I met Ha'Ruil. I've put him through hell the last three years. All because I have never been able to stop loving you."

She slid off the bed and started to pace. "I've been with Ha'Ruil for three years, three years. And it was just a couple of months ago when I was finally able to move your ring from my ring finger to my middle finger. He actually got upset when I moved it, afraid I wasn't ready. I finally get to the point where I'm ok with Gawain again, come out here to see him and find out that you had a son that I knew nothing about. And all of a sudden, like Connor wasn't a big enough shock, your standing before me, telling me that you love me, and I find myself calling forth Venis to bring you back. Like she didn't have enough on her plate already. But that's beside the point. And now that you're back, this is how you act? Like you don't want anything to do with me, insulting Gawain. Who the hell are you? Because you are not the man I was going to marry." She had started twisting her ring, his ring, as she paced. She hadn't even realized she was doing it.

She stopped pacing and looked over at him. "That's how I've been sweetheart. How about you?" She was still twisting the ring around in circles. It had always been something comforting to her, but at the moment, it wasn't working very well. The amethyst ring on her right hand was a permanent fixture as well, but she never twisted it like she did the diamond ring on her left hand. In her mind, she kept hearing him utter the words 'let's not wreck this conversation with awkwardness or trying to save my feelings'. She wasn't going to try to save his feelings, she was going to try to save her sanity. She hadn't come in there to tell him she never wanted to see him again. If that had been the case, she wouldn't have said yes when Venis asked if she was sure. But here he was acting like he was trying to be big and brave in the face of getting dumped. That was the only thing she could think of as the reason for the way he was acting. So did he really want her to walk out that door and never come back? Because, at the moment, it sure seemed that way to her.
Tasha Masterson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:45 pm

His gaze fell on the now-empty plate his niece had prepared for him longingly. He was torn between wishing there was more and processing the words she had spoken. Finally, his gaze went back to her. "Tasha....I love you. I never stopped loving you., and I am still the man I was before. Why would you take me to task over an off-the-cuff remark about Gawain?" He sighed, looking down at his knees. "Maybe I was better off dead. The world has moved on, and I have not. I know not this Ha'Ruler guy, but if you are happy, then I will be happy for you. Maybe...maybe I should just go away."

Once more his gaze settled on her. "One question, and before I ask, please don't think I am being cruel. Why? If you are so happy, why fight to bring me back?"
Gareth Machera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:08 am

Upon finishing her statement in regards to how she had been, Tasha had again began to pace. As she paced beside the bed in a short, and rapid three to four step pattern, she continued to twist her ring around her middle finger. She listened to what he had to say, all of what he had to say. During his pauses she would stop and look at him, opening her mouth to speak. But before words would find her, he would speak again. His last pause brought her to a halt once again.

She remained still for a portion of a second before she stopped twisting her ring and moved to climb back up onto the bed with him. Her ring had ended it travels with her diamond facing the underside of her finger, upside down for lack of a better phrase. She scooted on her knees to be right beside him. And as she crawled, she began speaking. "Oh honey, could you be more daft?" Her voice had an up-tilt of merriment. She was simply accusing him of acting silly, nothing more. She let out a soft chuckle as she settled into a sitting position that placed her facing him, yet beside him, their hips touching each others.

She reached her hand over, her left hand in fact, and placed it on his cheek. She smiled at him as she spoke. "Number one, the man you were before would not have spoken of Gawain in such a way, or taken that tone with me. I mean, come one, let's not wreck this conversation with awkwardness or trying to save my feelings ... Honey, that was a rather cold statement. And of course, you saying that Gawain was getting a big ass as I sit here wearing his shorts, really ... What woman wouldn't take a man to task upon hearing that? Besides, he's our brother. It took me a while to get over what he had done, but I got past it. And in time, hopefully, you'll get past it too. Just give him a chance to try and make things right, please?" She chuckled some more.

He might have felt the ring touching his face as she continued to hold his face in her hand. She smiled at him as she continued to speak. "And trust me baby, you were not better off dead, no one is better off dead. I have missed you so much, so very much. And if you were still dead, I would still be missing you so very much." She smiled some more. She honestly was happy to be sitting here with him, touching him. "So let's not revisit that train of thought, ok? Please?" The thought of him going away was terrifying to her.

She slid her hand down his cheek and picked up his hand in hers. "And as far as my being happy." She lifted his hand and placed it over her heart as she spoke. "I am happy, mostly. I have not been one hundred percent happy since I returned to Rhy'Din. Life without you has been difficult for me to handle. Ha'Ruil ..." She made sure to pronounce his name clearly. Sometimes elven names were hard to pronounce, and almost always harder to spell. "Has been wonderful to me. Patient and loving, and he's magnificent. But honey, it has been a long road. And while I love Ha'Ruil, there's still a part of me that missed you too much to take that last leap." She sighed softly. Even though the engagement ring Gareth had given her, so many years ago, had been moved to her middle finger, it was still upon her hand. Which was proof of her statement's truth.

Both of her hands were now upon his as she pressed his hand over her heart. "Do you feel how my heart beats for you? You ask why. Why, if I love Ha'Ruil, if I am happy, why did I fight so hard to bring you back? Honey, I love you. I've never stopped loving you. While I do love Ha'Ruil, I still love you too. The moment I felt your hand touching mine, the moment I felt you pulling free to touch me, I knew. I knew that there was still a part of me that belonged to you. And then I looked at Connor. Baby, there was no way I could not fight to bring you back. Connor needs you, and a part of me still needs you too." She closed her eyes and lowered her head.

After a moment she looked back up at him. Her eyes sparkled with tears threatening to fall. "I don't know what the means for the future. For me and Ha'Ruil or for you and I. But what I do know is this. Number one, I do not want to walk out that door never to see you again. Number two, I have to have a talk with Ha'Ruil. I love you both. The two of you combined make me whole. And yes, I am aware that it cannot be that way forever. But for now, I don't think I could say goodbye to either of you." A dangerous thought that. After all, she now risked Gary being hurt, offended, upset, bothered, any number of things that could lead to him saying goodbye to her. And she could still end up walking out that door never to see him again. Those previously unshed tears now slowly began to roll down her cheeks. She closed her eyes against them and lowered her head once again. Just waiting for the aftermath of her revelation.
Tasha Masterson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:32 pm

He stayed silent for a moment, then looked into her eyes. "Tash, all I can tell you is that, whatever you decide, I will not stand in the way. I'll never stop loving you, but if you are with another, then what will be must be. All I can say about Gawain is I really need some explanations. First, did he know the Taint on Saidin was about to be cleansed? Did he know the madness that overtook me could be Healed? Did he......LIGHT, there are so many things I'm still confused about. I just....I have no right to ask this of you, but uh...would you stay with me for awhile? You don't even have to talk, I'm....I'm just not ready for you to go."
Gareth Machera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:34 am

Tasha lowered her head and shook it back and forth for a moment before looking back up at him. "Gareth, my love, this is not something that I can just decide on a whim. Give me time to figure this out, that's all I ask. I never thought I would be in this position. I can come and spend time here with you, and spend time at the Starry with Ha'Ruil. I can always find times and places when I need time alone to think. But unless I spend time with both of you, I won't be able to make a decision. Does that make any sense?" It sounded crazy to her, but how else was she supposed to figure this whole thing out?

A slow blink and a frown graced her features for a moment. "I honestly do not think that Gawain knew that the Saidin was about to be cleansed. And I'm sure that if he knew you could be healed he would have gone to hell and back to make sure that you were healed. Honey, Gawain loves us. He wouldn't have done what he did if he had thought for even a split second that there was any other way. But I'll let you talk to him about it. He can attest to how he felt and why he did what he did a lot better than I can. Especially since Venis and I were gone." She cringed at the memory of being held against her will and coming home to find him gone.

She leaned forward and pressed her lips to his for a moment. She barely moved back from him before she whispered. "You have every right to ask me to stay for a while." She used her thumb to twist her ring back around the way it was supposed to be. Then she held her hand up for him to see point blank that she still wore the engagement ring he had given her, even if it had moved to her middle finger from her ring finger. "I never stopped loving you, and I never will. Even if I decide that I need to be with Ha'Ruil, you will always be in my heart." She gave him another chaste kiss. "Nothing can ever change that. No one can ever make me stop loving you." Unfortunately for her, she loved Ha'Ruil too and that put her in one hell of a bind. It was something she was going to have to figure out. She just needed time.

She moved her legs so that she was laying on her stomach beside him. She put one arm over him and the other she curled up under herself. She laid her head on his chest. "I'm not ready to go either." She grinned and knew she was about to get tickled or some other type of ribbing or playful torture for what she was about to say. But she needed to lighten the mood. "After all, I can't just up and leave when I'm wearing Gawain's shorts and T-shirt." She winced and giggled as she waited to see how he would retaliate.
Tasha Masterson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:26 pm

"Thanks, Tasha. I do not know where to go from here......Light, I have so much....I don't know, confusion?.....about things. All things, as it turns out. All I know is I love you enough to, if I must, let you go. It pains me to think of it, but there it is."

He stopped for a moment, breathing a deep sigh and gaining his composure. "It is not all about me, and never was. It is about you as well, and your wants and needs. I died, Tasha. You had every right to move on, and I was happy you healed after I died. What pains me is knowing that I caused you pain. I deserve penance, but I have no idea how to accomplish this. I would be lying if I told you anything but I wish for you to be with me, but you have sworn to another. If the proverbial shoe were on the other foot, I would fight for you." A small smirk formed on his features at that. "Of course, I would not lose such a fight." He grinned then, winking to let her know he was, after a fashion, joking.

"As for you wearing Gawain's clothing, I agree it would be a pretty awkward action for you to get up. Not that I would mind, of course.....hey, don't give me that look, I may have been dead for years, but I'm still a man." He chuckled then, patting her gently on the head. "Sorry, I would not be myself if I did not make at least one ribald comment."
Gareth Machera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:39 am

She smiled as she heard what he said. "Well, for right now, you do not have to let me go." He might never have to let her go. But she needed time to figure out if that was the case. "Lets just have it be you and me while I'm here. No thoughts or conversations about Ha'Ruil. And when I am with him, the same. It's only fair. If I treat both relationships the same, I can better judge which relationship I wish to keep." She left off the end of her thought, which was 'forever'. She didn't think that they needed to get that deep at the moment.

She got a slightly wicked grin upon her face. "And as for your penance my beloved. I sentence you to a really good back rub upon every visit, until further notice." She chuckled. She was joking with him. She wasn't going to make him rub her back every time she came to see him. But she honestly couldn't think of a single thing, at the moment, that she could give him so as to make penance. After all, his death was not his fault. Why did he need to make it up to her?

She lifted her head from his chest to look at him. "And for the record, the only man I have ever been sworn to is you." In the time that Tasha and Ha'Ruil had been together, they had gone from dating to being in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. It took a while for her to move her ring, and for her to even think that their moving any further forward with things was even a possibility. And now she was unsure once again. But this time it wasn't because she was scared of Ha'Ruil hurting her. She knew that someone was going to get hurt in the end, it was inevitable. This time she was unsure because she was in love with two men, and eventually, she would have to choose one of them.

She smiled at his wink. It was good to see him in such spirits. "Is that so?" She laughed then. She could play just as well as he. And if he was going to attest to his coming out the victor in a battle for her heart and being her champion, she would respond with mock doubt as to his ability to do such. Just to see if she could get a rise out of him, metaphorically of course ... For now.

She laughed even more when he made his ribald comment. And she did give him a look. She looked at him as though he was quite the goofball for commenting that he wouldn't mind watching her leave, even if she was in Gawain's clothing. He always did have a thing for the view that was allowed him when she walked away. "I think I look quite fetching in Gawain's clothing thank you very much. Perhaps I should wear them to leave, just to prove such." She poked him in the side with her fingertip. "But then you would be given the benefit of the view of my ass as I walked away." She smiled and wrinkled her nose at him playfully. She was hoping that a little playfulness would be helpful to him.

She snatched at his wrist when he patted her head, laughing as she did. "I may be your little kitty, but I am human at the moment my love." She smiled to let him know she was not upset or offended by his actions. But she had always hated being patted on the head when she was in human form. Things like that were easily forgotten in death as they were not of great importance. But if she didn't remind him now, and in the nicest way possible, he might do so again. That would start to annoy her quickly.

She slid up on the bed so that her head was closer to his. "I've called for a messenger to bring some of your things that I had out at the Keep. I will send a message with him over to the Starry Myst Inn to let them know that I am staying for a bit longer. That buys me time to spend with you. Which means, that I am all yours today. So what would you like to do?" She wanted at least a day or two with him, if for no other reason than to be sure that she wasn't dreaming.
Tasha Masterson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:06 am

Gareth opened his mouth, then looked a bit put out and closed it once again. "I....have no idea. You would think that after being dead for so long, I would have a...what's the reverse of a bucket list? One of those, long as my arm. I mean, the view, which has nothing to do with a window, wink-wink, is smashingly brilliant, at least from where I'm sitting.......Blood and ashes, I'm so boring."

He started chuckling then, allowing himself to feel alright for the first time since he had awakened in the room. One thing was nagging at him, though. For the first time, he stretched out, not seizing the Source, but feeling for other presences..he would be able to feel any male channeler who was holding Saidin, of course, but he had not had an opportunity to simply try something new without risking going....well, madder. So, he simply sought the void, allowing his eyes to drift shut, and felt around. Not realizing how 'loudly' he was thinking, nor remembering how attuned those of the lycanthrope persuasion were to telepathy, he began to run off a checklist mentally. ~Let's see.....strong feeling of residual amounts of the Source....a weave of Saidin and, if I'm not misreading the weave, Saidar as well....that explains the gaps in the weave, since it feels complete.....Gawain, you utterly clever bastard! You did it! How many know you can alter that with such a innocuous weave...and who in the Light was the female Aes Sedai who linked with you?~ Again, he had no idea how strong his thoughts were, since, you know. Dead. For years. So, he forgot completely about how utterly odd he would look and raised a fist with a grin. "People think you thick as a castle wall, or as daft as a bag of hammers, or even as barking mad as a matchbox full of spiders, but you did it! Gawain, you clever idiot, you magnificent horse's arse!" He was clearly pleased with what he had found by searching, enough that he even forgot entirely that he wasn't exactly the happiest he had ever been with Gawain.

Sadly enough, Tasha would "hear" him go from chatting to loudly chuckling, talking to himself within his own thoughts, and finally yelling mentally in a strange mixture of awe, respect, and a hint of jealousy, then switch to speaking out loud....and making about as much sense as a book detailing how to read. Or a waterproof towel. Or a solar-powered flashlight.

Last edited by Gareth Machera on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Gareth Machera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:49 am

Tasha arched an eyebrow at Gareth when he spoke of a reverse of a bucket list. And then he continued on to speak of the view, which made her blush slightly. "Perhaps we could call it a resurrection list?" She smiled at him letting it reach her emerald feline orbs and making them sparkle. She had a moment to wonder if he had missed looking into her eyes the way she had missed looking into his.

But that moment passed when he closed said eyes that she had always found to be so beautiful. Both eyebrows shot up and she too closed her eyes when she heard his inner monologue as if he were speaking to her in her head. It took her a moment to adjust. But when she did, she sat patiently and waited for him to finish.

As he was searching the Source or whatever it was he was doing, Tasha was wondering to herself, very quietly, if everything was ok with him. In the span of their conversation she had touched her hip to his when sitting beside him, she had placed her hand upon his cheek, she had placed two kisses upon his lips that he had failed to return. She had held his hand to her chest, she had shown him that she still wore the ring he had placed upon her finger even though she had moved it over one finger, she had laid down beside him and thrown her arm over his body while resting her head on his chest ... She had done everything shy of stripping out of Gawain's clothes and dancing around in front of him naked shouting 'Hello, naked woman here. You said you love me, now show me you love me.' Was that what it was going to take to get his attention?

Her thoughts trailed off there as he started speaking aloud about how wonderful Gawain was. A scantily clad woman was on the bed next to him, asking him what he wanted to do for the day, saying she was all his for the day, and he was busy singing Gawain's praises for something to do with the Source? Soft words left her pink lips. "I would imagine it was probably Airtia. She is his wife." Her posture had slumped and she was now sitting with her arms around her knees and her head turned to the side, laying upon her knees. She almost couldn't sit like that for how blessed she was when it came to feminine curves. She looked at him with a sadness in her eyes. Had he heard anything she had said to him? After all these years of being dead and gone from her, was it truly his first thought to check the Source? She was confused and a little hurt. And she was sure that even while holding back the tears that were lumping in her throat, her eyes were sure to give away her sadness.
Tasha Masterson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:05 pm

As if reading her...well, he can kinda do that, since they were....well, you know. Anyway, he hopped up, oblivious to the fact that he was wearing nothing more than a worried expression and hurried to her. "Tash, babe, what is it? Oh Light, it's because I've been bloody going on about Saidin. Sweets, listen.........it made me go insane. Thanks to the Dark One, Light burn him, and by the way, I plan to honor the Aiel oath of spitting in his eye on the Last Day. Anyway......it's CLEAN. It's like......it's like I was an amputee and grew new legs!" He grabbed her, still really really oblivious of his nudity and her all-but nudity, spun her, and, since he's 'related' to Gawain and a creature of impulse, planted a big, wet, and utterly long kiss on her lips. Seriously....this kiss was so vithing hot the Spider Goddess of the Underdark was wondering what a cigarette was and why she suddenly needed one BAD. "LIGHT I missed you. Heaven was awesome and all, but.....well, YOU weren't there and aw shit I didn't mean I wish you had died with me and I'll just be shutting up now and finding something to cover this absolutely naked and plain-as-day boner......."

Light, this guy is a bit odd.........
Gareth Machera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:49 am

Tasha smiled at him as he spoke, though her smile didn't truly reach her eyes. She was listening, just doing so with a heavy heart. She opened her mouth to speak but her voice was cut off by a slight squeak of joy and laughter. She hadn't expected him to grab her up the way he had. She smiled and even giggled a little before his lips were pressed to hers.

She slid her arms around his neck and her fingers ran up into his hair. Her lips parted welcoming the invasion of his tongue. Her own little pink organ protruding forth to slide along his. She was ever mindful of the feline roughness of her tongue as the dance within their mouths continued. A soft moan escaped her throat as their lips massaged each others in a passionate tangle.

Their bodies were pressed together and the perkiness beneath the T-Shit was only minutely attributed to the new accessories she had only acquired a couple of short years back. Her body ached for his touch and her head and her heart both swam as she was lost in the moment. So long had she prayed for just this exact moment. One last kiss. Only this would not be their last kiss. He was back, and he was in her arms once again.

When he broke the kiss she had to take a moment to catch her breath. Hearing his words made a smile curl upon her pink lips, newly swollen from the passionate embrace. Without a second thought she chuckled as she spoke. "Oh no you don't." And in a swift move that no mere human could reproduce, the T-shirt was up and off over her head. Now he would be able to see what he might have felt through the top during their kiss. She moved in to kiss him again.
Tasha Masterson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:55 am

She would not have far to move to kiss him, as his more-than-eager lips hungered for hers. "Light, you're beautifu-.......Tasha....?" He pulled back, taking her hand and looking like he was about to get misty-eyed. "All these years.......amore della mia vita.....you kept it on. Even after I....left you as I did, you still.........Tasha, I sincerely hope you don't mind some sex, because I must tell you, mia passione brucia con l'intensità del sole.......am I speaking Italian? Double-you Tee Eff?!" Shrug. "Tasha Masterson.........make love to me. I love you, and I never stopped. Not even when I was deceased." His arms encircled her form then, and he breathed in her scent. Light, she always did smell SO good........
Gareth Machera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:04 am

When Gareth pulled back just before they kissed it caught Tasha off guard. She opened her mouth and inhaled to speak but her words caught in her throat when he started speaking ... Italian? She looked at her hand as he spoke. Mentally she was trying to translate the Italian. She spoke a little French after all these years, so it wasn't too hard to translate the first comment. He had called her the love of his life. It made her smile. The smile reached all the way to her eyes. It made her emerald hued cat's eyes sparkle like freshly polished stones. Italian sounded almost as alluring as French. Maybe even more so since it wasn't a language she heard all the time like French was.

She was about to say something again when he continued on his excited ramble about how happy, and surprised he was. As he continued, she listened to him as she brought her right hand up to touch the beautiful diamond ring she wore on the middle finger of her left. She remembered the night that Ha'Ruil touched her hand and realized that she had moved the ring from her ring finger to her middle one. He had been so worried that she had felt forced to do it, like he had pushed her too fast or she hadn't been ready. She hadn't been ready to take it off, she still wasn't. But at the time, she had finally felt comfortable with moving it.

She thought of the translation of the other phrase he spoke in Italian. Mia was my, passione was passion, brucia she didn't know, con was with, l'intensita was the intensity, del was the, and sole she was sure was either soul or sun. When she put it together in her mind she guessed that brucia had to be burns and sole was sun because that was the only way the whole sentence made sense. As she looked at her hands she looked at the amethyst ring upon her right ring finger. She thought about the circumstances that had brought that ring into existence and how it had come to grace her finger on a permanent basis.

When he was through speaking she whispered. "You didn't leave me." Had they not been standing so close, he might not have heard her her voice had been so quiet. She looked up from her hands to gaze into his oh so sexy eyes. "Amore della mia vita ..." Referring to him just as he had referred to her, with an emphases on the fact that he was the love of her life as well. "You never left me. Circumstances beyond our control took us away from each other. There was no rhyme or reason behind it. I know all too well the pain and suffering you endured when you found out that I had been taken and was lost to you. I understand how the taint that was in the Source could have driven you mad, I'm sure you were half way there already with my unplanned and unwelcome absence. I know I was driven half mad when I came home to find you dead and gone. But my love for you never died. I love you too Gareth Machera."

She lowered her head, the smile having faded from her lips before she had even begun to speak. "But I can't make love to you right now. By the God's I want to so badly it causes me physical pain. But I never was one for cheating. And if I made love to you right now, I would be cheating on a good man who has been very patiently taking care of me and helping me heal for years now. I owe it to him to talk with him, just as I talked with you, before I make love to you. I have to give him the same choice I gave you, share me until I can figure out what I need to do, what's best for me in the long run, or walk away. I won't cheat on him, any more than I would have ever cheated on you." She placed her hands upon his chest, palms flat, and looked up at him with eyes holding back tears that were threatening to fall before closing her eyes and leaning her forehead against his chest between her hands.
Tasha Masterson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:36 am

"It's alright. Tasha. It was a fool's hope, and I would not have you break any oaths you may have made. Know that I met you before the Taint on Saidin took me, so I was in my right mind. Literally, since I am left-handed." He chuckled, seeking to calm her. "If you love him, go to him. I'll not stop you. I will, however, get dressed. I fear that if I stay in this state of undress that our resolve will weaken to the point of crumbling. I do, however, love you, and nothing will change that, no matter what choice you make." He placed a kiss on her lips, smiling, and stepped back.
Gareth Machera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:08 am

Tasha looked up at him, from where her head had been resting against his chest, as he began to speak. She chuckled softly when he made his joke about being in his right mind. She returned his kiss and let him step back, lowering her hands once they were no longer in contact with his chest. "I know you were in your right mind when we were together before. I never doubted that." She turned to look for the T-shirt she had discarded moments before.

She picked the T-shirt up and began to turn it right side out so she could put it back on, careful the fairly new body jewelry, as her body was still reacting to his touch, and she could have easily caught the T-shirt on them and tugged them. While it would have been fun in other circumstances, this was no longer the time for such. A thought which brought a frown to her features for a brief moment.

Once the T-shirt was back in place, she looked at him again. "I meant what I said earlier dear, I want to spend today with you. I can go back to the Starry Myst tomorrow. It was a long night, and I haven't had enough time with you yet, because while I was sleeping didn't count. Even if I was sleeping beside you." She had to smile again. Just the memory of waking up beside him after all this time was a joy in and of itself.

She gave a brief thought to having to check on her laundry, but knew it could wait. "Do you have something to put on?" She didn't remember if he even had clothes on when she had brought him to the room so many hours before. She had been still a little too drunk and a lot too tired to remember things like that. For all she knew he could have been nude from the moment Venis had brought him back to them. Besides, she was a lycanthrope. She didn't think about nudity the way humans did.

It occurred to her that if he had nothing to put on that she could give him Gawain's shorts. The T-shirt was plenty big enough to cover her without them, and the shorts would cover Gary enough that she would not be so tempted by his masculinity. "That messenger should be here soon with the trunks from the Keep. But if you need Gawain's shorts until then..." She trailed off there.

There was a large part of her that wished that they were not covering themselves up. But she agreed with him that their resolve would not stand up to complete nudity. She had been too long without him and loved him too much to be in a room with him naked and not touch him in every possible intimate way. Clothes, at least some clothes, were necessary. "So what would you like to do today? I'm sure you'd like to find out what's been going on in the world while you were gone, or that there's something you missed that you would like to do." She couldn't hold back her smile. "Besides me that is."
Tasha Masterson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:21 am

He smiled, bowing slightly. "I will honor your wishes, Tasha. I'll get some clothes on....surely there's something around here that would fit.....and then maybe we can take a tour of my new digs. Don't worry, I will not, nor have I ever, pressured you in any respect. I love you, after all, you know." He smirked then, eyeballing her suggestively. "Although I must say the view is, as always, breathtaking......so, what did you have in mind?"
Gareth Machera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:11 pm

Tasha couldn't help her smile as she moved closer to him. "I know you would never pressure me my love."  Long fingernails ran over his flesh as she walked her fingers across his abs and around his sides like spiders.  "And I love you too." She continued with her fingers until her arms were wrapped around him in a hug. "And there's no better view in all the lands than the one I have right now." She smiled even more and went up on her tip toes for a kiss.

After the kiss, however long it lasted, she would step back from him.  "Now, I will go check my clothes in the laundry room, you can go up to Gawain's room on the top floor and raid his closet or you can wait right here and I'll give you his shorts." Though she wouldn't give them to him until her return from the laundry room.  She couldn't walk around the halls in just a T-Shirt. "After that, we'll take a tour of the place." She smiled brightly at him.  It didn't matter what he wanted to do, she was game to do just about anything as long as she was with him.
Tasha Masterson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:47 am

He smiled slightly, stretching a particularly fragrant t-shirt over his neck. He had always had an issue with things being too binding around his neck....there was a reason, but most who knew him had long ago dismissed it as a personal idiosyncrasy. "To be honest, Tasha, I spent so much time being dead that I'm having trouble with some of the sensations. A loud, raucous growl emanated from his stomach. "Although....I think I remember hungry pretty well. Gawain was always one to put on quite the spread, even when he went on that ill-advised-for-his-species vegetarian kick." He waited a moment for that to sink in, smiling coyly. "And yes, it's true. I had a lot of fun asking him how one could be vegetarian and explain successfully why they had to pick chicken bones out of their teeth after a moonlit....stroll." A slight chuckle sounded, then a moment of discomfort. "Erm....I think I remember this feeling as well. It says....my back teeth are bloody well floating, I believe. Which way to the latrine?" He was successfully holding back from doing the pee-pee dance here.....after all, it had been a number of years since his last potty break.
Gareth Machera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:02 pm

The T-shirt had managed to not emanate until he moved it to put it on.  Tasha immediately wrinkled her nose.  "Oh no, by the God's.  That shirt needs a wash something fierce."  She chuckled and waved her hand in front of her nose.  It was foul to a human nose, her nose was a little more sensitive.  It was a good thing she wasn't even half shifted, it would be toxic.

She chuckled more when she heard his stomach growl.   "Well, I guess it is lunch time.  We can go down and eat after I get back from the laundry.  Sound good?"  She had to eat pretty regularly, otherwise it was bad for her. "Vegetarian?  Did I hear you say vegetarian?  I don't remember that, it must have been while I was away.  How awful. I hate vegetables."  She couldn't help but laugh.

More laughter rose from her throat when she heard him ask for the bathroom.   "Bathroom is through that door there.  I'll be back shortly."  She moved forward for a kiss.  After procuring said kiss, she wrinkled her nose again.   "When your clothes arrive, it is a shower and a change for you my beloved."  She grinned.   "I can help you wash your back." Though that could be a bad idea given they were trying to behave.

She stole another quick kiss before grabbing her cell phone off the night stand and heading out to go check her laundry.  While she was out, she called Ha'Ruil and let him know that something had come up and that she was staying another night.  He was fine with it, though he did ask her if she was ok.  To which she replied that she was fine.  Which, at the moment, she was.  Then she got her clothes and headed back to the room.  Once inside, she got dressed and was ready to go with him to lunch.
Tasha Masterson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:15 am

Sniff-sniff. While the smelling of things was always Gawain's area of...well, weirdness, something odd about a guy that could describe what a color smelled like. Anyway, things to do, starting with remembering he had common sense. "You know, a thought occurs to me just now. I can channel the One Power. I can do so rather well, and safely enough, unless I try to, I don't know, create heartstone or Balefire." He chuckled, and would be feeling rather silly later when he found that, much to his and many other people's surprise, these Talents had not only been rediscovered, they had been improved upon. "Anyway, no need for all of this fuss....bathroom's in here? Cool." He snatched up a rather dank, mushroom-smelling shirt and an equally rank pair of khaki cargoes. "Hmph. If anyone I know other than you sees me in these....well, let's hope they remember I died. Maybe they'll think I came back blind."

A few moments later, he was in the bathroom, standing over a half-full tub of water, which he was using the Source to heat to a boil. Without thinking, he motioned for the clothing..and managed to snatch the bench upon which they were laying....along with some floorboards...out with them. "Blood and ashes! What in the....well, SOMEone got stronger....hah, thank you Venis!" His new form was, as he had been thinking, much stronger in the Power. He also felt...cooler. Yes, cooler, and for some reason....like he could chase a black-and-white sphere for hours and kick the piss out of it.  It was just a thing, okay?

Moving on, he dialed back the level of Power he was using, moving the clothing in a circular and wrenching motion beneath the very hot water. A handy bottle of shampoo which he would be inquiring later if it belonged to Gawain or some courtesan (it was verylady-smelling) was pressed into service. The window opened at a glance from him, carried by weaves of Air, and the clothing came out of the water, wrenched, rinsed, and hung to dry from....nothing. Saidin made a handy clothesline, and some very localized gale-force Wind had them dry in moments. Feeling confident, hungry, less watery (yes, he took time to pee, folks), and much less scuzzy, he stepped out of the bathroom. "Right. Food. Lots of food. I could eat a Trolloc, hooves first. With no ketchup." Oh yeah, that was hungry. If you had ever seen (and smelled) a Trolloc, well, you would understand.
Gareth Machera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha Masterson on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:37 am

He would exit the bathroom to find Tasha sitting on the edge of the bed, sliding her boot on, the other already on.  She looked up and him and smiled.  "Not you're usual attire, unless you've chosen to go that route for fashion, but at least you smell better."  She chuckled as she stood up from the bed.

She walked over to him to steal another kiss.  She had been too long without him to not take every opportunity possible to kiss him.  "Shall we go get something to eat?"  She remembered that when last he was here, this place was nothing more than a Tavern.  Boy wasn't he going to be surprised to find that they were in The Wolf's Head, and it was now an Inn as well as a Tavern.

Tasha headed for the door, hopefully with Gary right behind her.  She didn't wait for him to open the door because she didn't think to.  And besides, women looked stupid standing at a closed door waiting for a man to catch up to her and open it for her.  He knew this about her, even if he might have forgotten.  But at least she would let him get the door or her chair whenever he got to it first.

She lead him from the room to the Tavern.  Once inside she grinned.  "Recognize the place?  It's had a bit of a face lift, but it's still basically the same."  This would be the point in time that the big reveal came.  Because they had not stepped out of the Inn, yet there they stood in The Wolf's Head Tavern.  She stood there smiling and letting him take it all in.
Tasha Masterson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Machera on Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:09 am

After a few moments of gazing around, Gareth finally shook his head and grumbled. "Leave it to Gawain to gild a turd." He had, in truth, liked the Wolf Head the way it was,  but the way it was was as it had stood nearly 12 years ago. TWELVE years, all spent....where? Even that was slowly leaving his memory, and even though this was a blessing, he was loathe to lose that memory. "Sorry, Tasha, I'm just.....I'm trying. Really, I am. It's just....well, this." He waved his hand at the entire room, and shook his head once more. "It's a lot to take in. That's all."

He didn't have a lot of time to grumble thereafter, because he heard a sound that had not graced his ears since his.....death,Gareth, you died, come to terms with it or let it destroy your mind, as the Taint did once before. He bit back a groan, then sniffed the air. "I'm not really back up to one-hundred percent on my senses, but....is that bacon I smell? I haven't had bacon...wow. Someone's cooking a feast. Bacon, bread, jam, sausage, butter, biscuit...no, pancakes....oh wow, I haven't eaten in..heh, well, since I died. And I distinctly recall being particularly famished when I did die." He held out a hand, tried on a smile, admittedly one which did nothing to cause the consternation in his eyes to fade, and nodded. "Let's grab a seat somewhere close to the kitchen. If I know Gawain....and I do....he'll be belly up and gobbling down huge bloody chunks of meat and growling if anything green gets close to his fork." He had no idea who was cooking, but he, for maybe the third time since he returned, thanked the Creator for the favor. The scents coming from the kitchen were, not to belabor a theme, heavenly.
Gareth Machera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeline Cauthon on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:24 am

Madeline had been working hard to fix her Uncle Gareth's favorite meal, Country style steak with gravy and homemade mashed potatoes. Steamed carrots, and a peach cobbler for desert. Satisfied by the pleasant smells starting to fill her nose, she decided to step out for a drink. Washing her hands, she took her towel and dried then as she walked back into the tavern. She stopped dead in her tracks at the sight of her uncle. Even though he had been back for sometime now, this is the first time Maddie had seem him since that night outside her and Connor's room. The grin on her face grew as she put her towel on the counter.

"UNCLE GARETH!!!!!", she squealed and ran over wrapping her armsaround him tight.

View user profile http://madelinecauthon.webstarts.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top